Alex E. Snyder
Alex Snyder concentrates his practice in estate and trust planning and administration, tax planning, and business law. Alex’s clients range from individuals to families, small business owners and non-profit organizations.
In Alex’s estate and trust practice, he assists his clients in developing their estate and tax plan to best meet their individual, family or business succession planning needs while minimizing tax implications. Alex’s experience includes drafting wills, living wills, advanced directives, revocable trusts, dynasty trusts, irrevocable insurance trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), charitable remainder annuity trusts (CRATs), charitable remainder unitrusts (CRUTs), special needs trusts, family limited partnerships, and powers of attorney. He also assists clients with estate and trust administration and the probate process. Alex’s experience includes matters involving Orphan’s Court and fiduciary litigation. Alex also advises his clients on tax planning for both individuals and business owners. Alex is active with the York County Estate Planning Council, the local chapter of the National Association of Estate Planners and Councils.
Alex’s estate planning practice dovetails with his work with small and closely-held business clients. Alex has experience working with his clients on issues such as entity formation and structuring, succession planning, contract review, non-disclosure agreements, shipping and distribution and real estate matters. Alex has gained a unique understanding of the issues facing family-owned and agricultural businesses through his personal experience with his family's small commercial farm.
Additionally, Alex has assisted non-profit organizations in formation, tax exempt status filing, and general governance issues.
- Villanova University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation (in progress)
- Washington and Lee University, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Law Review
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., summa cum laude
- York Habitat for Humanity; member of governance and nomination committee
- York County Farm and Natural Lands Trust; vice president, board member and chair of Land Preservation Committee
- York County Estate Planning Council; board member
- Susan P. Byrnes Health Education Center; Giving Committee member and Advisory Board member
- Susquehanna Gateway Heritage Area; secretary and board member
- East Manchester Township Zoning Hearing Board; member
- Pennsylvania Rising Stars ® 2012, 2013
- U.S. Supreme Court