Stephen R. Lazun
Steve Lazun has extensive experience representing banks, closely-held companies and non-profit corporations in a broad range of corporate and banking matters. He serves as general counsel to medium-sized companies operating in the manufacturing, agri-business, packaging, construction and service industries.
Steve concentrates his practice in the finance, banking, creditors’ rights, real estate and general corporate areas. He routinely represents lenders, borrowers and other parties in complex commercial loan and municipal finance transactions, including asset-based loans, construction loans, letter of credit enhanced financings and tax-exempt and taxable bond financings. Steve’s creditors’ rights practice involves the representation of banks, landlords and other creditors in connection with non-judicial restructurings and workouts, confessed judgment actions, foreclosures, collections, Article 9 asset sales, mechanics’ liens and municipal claims.
Steve devotes a substantial portion of his practice to representing business clients in corporate, partnership and general business matters, including business formation and governance, shareholder and partner relations, contract review, preparation and negotiation, mergers and acquisitions and commercial real estate transactions. In addition, he advises clients with respect to debt and equity public and private offerings and securities law compliance issues. When litigation becomes unavoidable, Steve provides a business attorney’s insight and perspective to the civil litigation process.
Steve is listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2013) for the practice area of Corporate Law.
- Representation of troubled development project in connection with $40,000,000 letter of credit enhanced refinancing transaction.
- Representation of minority shareholder in connection with litigation resulting in the liquidation and distribution of corporate assets valued at more than $6,000,000.
- Representation of regional bank in connection with complex litigation resulting in judgments and recoveries totaling more than $5,000,000.
- Representation of numerous issuers, banks and other parties in connection with bond issues totaling hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Representation of banks and other creditors in connection with collection efforts resulting in loan recoveries totaling tens of millions of dollars.
- Representation of several privately-held companies in connection with the formation of a holding company structure through a tax-free reorganization.
- Representation of several non-profit corporations in connection with multi-state public offerings of debt securities used to fund loan pool programs totaling several hundred million dollars.
- Representation of creditors in connection with defending against bankruptcy preference claims and obtaining relief from the automatic stay.
- Representation of business owners in connection with business succession, product distribution, intellectual property and general business matters.
- Penn State Dickinson School of Law, J.D., Woolsack Honor Society
- Dickinson College, B.A., magna cum laude
- U.S. Naval Academy
York Business Improvement District Authority, solicitor
Strand Capitol Performing Arts Center, board member
Schreiber Pediatric Rehab Center, board member
Rotary Club of York, member
Leadership Lancaster and Leadership York, graduate
United Disabilities Services, former board member
Lancaster Downtown Investment District Authority, former solicitor
- The Best Lawyers in America ®, 2013, Corporate Law
Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers
Pennsylvania, Lancaster and York Bar Associations
Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania