Joshua L. SchwartzJosh is an associate in the firm's Employment Law Group, where he represents management and employers in all aspects of labor and employment law and in employment litigation matters before federal and state courts and administrative agencies, including the Department of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the unemployment and workers' compensation agencies of various states. Josh also counsels employers on issues related to employee discipline and termination, workplace harassment, and compliance with federal and state employment laws.
In addition, Josh devotes a portion of his practice to general litigation matters, including commercial disputes, business torts, insurance coverage disputes, and defense of personal injury claims.
Before joining the firm, Josh was an associate at Williams & Connolly, LLP, in Washington, D.C., where he litigated in a wide variety of substantive areas, including commercial litigation, RICO, antitrust, consumer protection and unfair trade practices, trade secrets, securities litigation, misappropriation of ideas, land development disputes, civil rights litigation, and First Amendment litigation, among others.
- Columbia Law School, J.D.
- Muhlenberg College, B.A.
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Jane R. Roth, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (2008-2009)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Paul S. Diamond, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (2005-2006)