Kathleen A. GraySince joining Barley Snyder in 1977, Kathy Gray has had extensive experience in the representation of public bodies, primarily municipal authorities, as well as other types of authorities, municipalities and public entities. The majority of Kathy's time has been devoted to this area of practice, serving as solicitor to public bodies or acting in the role of bond counsel or special counsel in public and tax-exempt finance projects. She works closely with authority boards and managers and other public entities dealing with issues under the Municipality Authorities Act and other legislation affecting specific purpose authorities, the Sunshine Law, the Ethics Code, various public bidding and public contractor works and bonding laws, property acquisition, condemnation and budget and finance questions. She also works with authorities and entities on construction and acquisition projects, including negotiation with architects and engineers and negotiating water and sewer rights, as well as PUC jurisdictional issues, review and revision of bid specifications and construction contracts.
As solicitor for eight different authorities including water, sewer, general and special purpose authorities, Kathy has considerable experience with intermunicipal agreements and other joint undertakings among governmental bodies, authorities and private parties, including agreements providing for regional water and sewer services by public bodies and joint undertakings among developers and public bodies to improve or expand public infrastructure.
Kathy is a long time member of the Pennsylvania Municipal Authorities Association (PMAA) and serves as a speaker from time to time at PMAA training events.
Kathy also represents business corporations and non-profit corporations, including colleges, healthcare organizations and other 501(c)(3) organizations, in the areas of corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and general business matters. She also serves as bond counsel or special counsel in connection with tax exempt financings for 501(c)3 and manufacturing organizations. She also advises clients in the acquisition, licensing and sale of technology products and services.
- Wake Forest University, J.D., Wake Forest Law Review
- Drexel University, M.B.A.
- Drexel University, B.S.
- Pennsylvania College of Art & Design; board of trustees (1988-2008) and board chairman (2003-2005)
- LancasterHistory.org (previously known as Lancaster County Historical Society); board member(2002-present), vice chairman (2007-2008), and board chair (2008-present)
- American Lung Association of Pennsylvania; board member (1992-1998) and Executive Committee
- American Lung Association of Lancaster and Berks Counties; board member (1981-1999) and former board president
- Lancaster County Health & Welfare Foundation; board of trustees (1991-1998) and former board president
- Foundation of the Lancaster Chamber; board member (1988-2001) and former board chairman (1999-2001)
- Lancaster Bar Association Foundation; board member and former board chairman (2002-2003)
- The Best Lawyers in America ® 2013, Municipal Law
- Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers; 1988 to present; founding board member and secretary (1988-1994)
- Pennsylvania Municipal Authorities Association
- Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American, Pennsylvania and Lancaster Bar Associations