William F. ColbyBill Colby focuses his practice in real estate development and banking, in both bank lending and bankruptcy and creditors' rights. In Bill's real estate practice, he represents developers in commercial, industrial, residential and redevelopment projects throughout Pennsylvania, taking his clients through the planning, approval permitting and acquisition processes. He represents a broad range of national, regional and local developers.
In the banking side of his practice, Bill focuses on representing banks in commercial loan transactions, with clients ranging from small community banks to large multi-state institutions. Bill also works extensively with lenders and borrowers on secured and unsecured credit transactions, real estate acquisition and construction financing, asset-based transactions and loan workouts. He represents banks and other creditors in all forms of bankruptcy matters including cash collateral issues, relief from the automatic stay, preference and avoidance actions and the filing of claims and objections.
Bill also advises clients in a variety of general business matters.
- The Dickinson School of Law, J.D.
- Trinity College, B.A.
- The Hill School
- Tel Hai Retirement Community; board member
- Olivet Boys & Girls Club; former member, board of directors
- Greater Berks Food Bank; former vice president
- Birdsboro American Legion; business manager
- U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- American, Pennsylvania and Berks County Bar Associations