Employers face new challenges every day. Our commitment to our clients is making our attorneys available for the broad range of issues that call for prompt action. We are accessible and committed to keeping clients abreast of changes in laws and regulations. We provide counseling that is forward-looking, helping clients to make employment-related decisions intended to avoid litigation. Your workplace is constantly evolving, and we are your Counselors On Call whenever you need us.
Effective legal service to employers demands expertise in multiple areas of law. Our Employment Law Group provides a seamless approach to legal service by offering responsive, coordinated representation in all aspects of labor and employment. We provide effective counsel to public and private sector employers in employment, labor, employee benefits, workers’ compensation, and immigration. Our clients range from family-owned businesses to some of the largest employers in the region, in industries including retail, higher education, manufacturing, construction, hospitals and health care, communications and printing, professional services, food processing, and non-profit organizations.
While each of our attorneys have specific areas of focus, their shared knowledge in other employment-related practices, combined with our collaborative approach to client service, provides an emphasis on commitment and sophistication we think sets us apart from our competitors.
Our experience covers a wide range of employment matters, including:
- General counseling of employers on issues stemming from hiring, discipline, termination, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) compliance, and other employment law issues
- Affirmative Action plans and OFCCP audits
- Audits of employment practices
- Policy review, including review of employee handbooks and manuals, substance abuse testing, electronic communications, document retention, and other areas
- Workforce reductions
- Separation agreements
- Wage and hour compliance, including compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act and state wage payment and collection laws
- Compliance with military leave laws
- Mediation - for specific information on our mediation services, visit our Litigatoin page here
Our service extends beyond our clients’ immediate needs. We offer regular newsletters and client updates on timely legal issues and present annual seminars on a wide range of topics. We also frequently conduct in-house training for human resource professionals on issues including harassment and workplace violence, FMLA and ADA, discipline and discharge, performance evaluations, documentation, employee benefits updates, union avoidance, and diversity. Two of our attorneys are fluent in Spanish and one is proficient in French.
Barley Snyder's Employment Training Programs
Are you ready to face the changes that 2012 will bring to the employment law landscape? Contact us and ask about our Employment Training Programs that provide practice guidance, knowledge, and resources to help your management team to act decisively and minimize legal risk by staying up-to-date with the myriad of changes in employment law.